Tuesday, April 8, 2014

So grateful for so many things!


As a mom, I will always worry about my boys.  No matter how old they are.  I have 3 boys ages 32, 18 and 15. 

Today I got a call that no parent wants to get "Mom, we had an accident."  I'm pretty sure my heart skipped a beat.   Then I realized he was ok since HE was calling me and the police weren't knocking at my door.  I let myself breathe when I realized they hadn't been driving my car. They were less than a mile from our front door, just driving out of the little "village" we live in.  They were at the stop light and had a green light and proceeded through behind the truck that was in front of them.  He made a right turn and they were going to make a left when a car smacked right into the drivers side and basically pinned her in the car.  (Fortunately, they were able to get out the passenger's side of the car). The other driver kept saying she had a yellow light, but that's impossible since the truck would have had to been making an illegal right on red. 

I raced out of the house, not locking the doors and drove without my seat belt  ( I know, I know) to get to them as fast as I could.  All I could see was these two kids in an accident.  Yes, they are 18 and technically adults, but hey, this is my KID!  As parents I am sure you know the feeling.  He drove her car back to our house and put it in the garage to await the insurance company tomorrow, while she was transported to the ER via ambulance. After a few hours waiting, X-rays and a good talking to by the Dr. about WHY YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL YOU WEREN'T HURT WORSE SINCE YOU WEREN'T WEARING A SEAT BELT!!!  AND HER REMINDER TO HERSELF FROM HER MOM TO ALWAYS "BUCKLE UP BUTTERCUP!"  She was released and went home to take some ibuprofen and rest for the next few days.  My kid refused to have the Dr. look at him and I told him that if he starts to complain about pain I would remind him that he refused to be seen by the Dr.  He decided he needed to spend the night at her house to "watch over her."

So, now I sit here and I am counting my blessings, and yes there are many to count.

I have awesome kids (who although they can drive me crazy, I love them to bits.  )

No one was seriously hurt.  Had the other driver been going faster (like the speed limit) on that road, they could have been killed or at least very seriously hurt.  

Cars have insurance for a reason, but I am really grateful they weren't driving MY car!  I just had him taken off my insurance policy last week. 

My son is blessed with this amazing young woman in his life.  He may only be 18 but thanks to her, he has started to pull his life together.  He LOVES HER AND WANTS TO SPEND HIS LIFE WITH HER.  

So blessed that they are ok and weren't hurt.  So grateful the other driver wasn't hurt.  So grateful they all walked away from the accident.  So grateful to have awesome kids in my life to love.  

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment